Because VentureFest Tees Valley is such a busy day with many elements, we’ve created 8 hacks to make sure you make the most of your day. Be sure to take a look and see what you can do ahead of the 22nd May to maximise your time there.
- Bring business cards. We know… it may seem obvious, but you’ll be surprised at how many people forget. So, make sure you’re stocked up and that they’re easily accessible. No one likes waiting whilst you rummage amongst the old receipts and empty wrappers at the bottom of your bag…
- Tell people you’re going. Start telling people that you’re going. The earlier, the better – it will give people a chance to check out your company and maybe plan to meet you there. Connect on social media using #VFTV and tag us @VentureFestTV.
- Do your research. Find out who’s going to be there and make a note of who you’d like to talk to. You can take a look at our partner list, our social media pages, or this year’s Innovation Showcase to learn more about who will be attending.
- Meet up. Don’t be afraid to arrange to meet someone at the event. Though this may seem unnecessary when you have a full day, it can sometimes be difficult to catch people in between the speakers, workshops and everything else going on, especially if they’re talking to other people. Be sure to arrange a meeting ahead of the day, you really don’t want to miss out!
- Look through the programme. VentureFest Tees Valley is a day packed with activity to ensure there is something for everyone. There’s often a choice between workshops as well, so make sure you check out the programme nice and early so that you can see what’s going on and decide on which sessions you’d like to attend.
- Step out of your comfort zone. It is common to go with a colleague to these sorts of events for moral support, which is great, but you can often stick with them the whole time and end up not networking. Don’t be afraid to split up and meet new people – it’ll mean double the opportunities! Don’t be afraid to get involved in the workshops as well – ask questions, share your stories and get involved!
- Leave the pitch at home! Though most people network in the hope to gain a new customer or partnership, you don’t want to come across as too ‘salesy’ as you will definitely put people off. Just relax, and don’t put too much pressure on the connections that you make. Sometimes a casual conversation in the coffee queue can be where you make the best connections!
- Get social. Keep an eye on the social media channels for the event – there’s always great conversations and debates going on around key things discussed at the event. So, make sure you get involved in the conversation and share some of the things you’ve learned. And post your own pictures and videos – it’s a sure-fire way of getting your brand seen! Use the event hashtags and handle to get involved – #VFTV @VentureFestTV
We hope that these hacks help you make the most out of your day at VentureFest Tees Valley! If you haven’t already signed up, be sure to join us for free at Wynyard Hall on 22nd May 2018.